Thursday, October 5, 2017

4 Ways to Dream your Matcha

If you followed my blog for a little while you might know already how I can have matcha tea with everything - or almost everything: from cookies and cakes and various drinks to the simple cup of tea (green tea, of course). I tried green tea noodles too and proud of it. 
However, finding the right, high-end green tea for the many recipes I have in mind is not always easy, especially in Europe, therefore more than once my choices were less than satisfactory. Aiming high, I recently made a partnership with Dream Matcha for testing their 50 g package. Compared to most of the products I used before, especially for cooking, the fine matcha vivid light powder has a strong genuine green tea smell and taste. The precious powder is delivered in a paper pocket, which can be elegantly sealed after opening. It must be stored in a cool dry place.
Included in the category of 'Nootropics', this dream matcha can be used as a cognitive enhancer, without a particular medical recommendation. Consumed moderately, and in addition to a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, it can help enhancing memory, creativity and motivation. It is recommended to both vegetarians and vegans.

Here are my four particular ways I decided to use the matcha. In all cases, the preparation time is less than 15 minutes. The recommended serving size is of 1.5g, with a maximum consumption of three cups a day, the first half of the day. The product contains coffeine therefore not recommended to small children.

The old good cup of green tea

Coffee in the morning is always welcomed, but once in a while a glass of fresh green tea can be even more refreshing and empowering. I first recipe was a glass of matcha tea, without sugar, that can be drink cold or hot. If you like it cold, you can add 2-3 ice cubes and you have the perfect refreshment for a hot summer morning. 

Preparation time: 10 minutes

Matcha Latte, home style
I love my Matcha Latte decorated with nice shapes, but after all, it is all meant to be destroyed sooner or later while drinking. As I am far from achieving the perfect skills of a matcha latte barista, I saved some time and money by preparing my own matcha latte at home.
Ingredients
1 big cup of warm milk - it can easily go with soy milk, or other substitutes
1 teaspoon of green tea
1 teaspoon of honey - or brown sugar

Directions
Pour the milk slowly while mixing all the ingredients. Served hot, it is always a good start into a cold winter day (especially in my part of the world).

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1

Green Tea Banana Smoothie


Especially when I am very tired, I am having at least one banana green tea smoothie, because it help be to reboost and get more strength to go through the never-ending chores. I was very curious to taste my smoothie by using Dream Matcha.
Instead of milk, I used a rice chia substitute, which added even more energy features to the drink.

Ingredients
2 medium-sized banana
300 ml. Rice Chia Drink, cold
1 tablespoon honey - it works well also with brown sugar
1 teaspoon of tea

Directions
Blend all the ingredients for 5 minutes at medium speed. If you want it a bit colder, you can put it in the freezer for around 20 minutes

Preparation time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2

Matcha Cheesecake


I was dreaming of preparing a matcha cheesecake for a long time, but until now I wasn't brave enough to try it. This time, I had the motivation, all the right ingredients, and a bit more, and the best matcha tea I could have dream of.
Ingredients
250 gr. mascarpone cheese
2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon honey - it helps to counter the sour taste of the green tea better than the usual sugar
1 quiche/tart ready-made dough
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 tablespoon rose water
1 tablespoon green tea
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut

Directions


Warm the oven at 250C. Spread the dough on a 25-cm diameter pan. Add one by one all the ingredients - mixing wellm with the desiccated coconut spread all over the top as decoration. Take the pan in the oven and let it bake for around 45 minutes.

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Serves: 7

Most probably, as I still have more than half of the package, I would love to try some other recipes as well, and will be only a matter of time until my new 'matcha' post. The overall impression of the product was positive, and I strongly recommend it to any other green tea lovers around here.

To be continued...

Disclaimer: Product offer to test by the company, but the opinions are, as usual, my own


No comments:

Post a Comment